K-1 and Tax Info

Cheniere Energy Partners, L.P. NYSE: CQP

Cheniere Energy Partners, L.P. 2023 K-1 tax schedules will be available online after March 6th, 2024 and mailed via U.S. mail on or about March 11th, 2024.

Click Here for Tax Package Support Website

Unitholders with questions concerning their K-1 should contact K-1 Support via one of the following ways:

Please use the above link to create an online account and you will be able to do the following:

  1. View your tax schedules
  2. Print your tax package including instructions
  3. Automatically transfer amounts from your Schedule K-1 to IRS forms filed by individuals
  4. Download a file of your Schedule K-1 information to be imported into TurboTax
  5. Request changes to incorrect information
    • Correct your account information including name and address and type of account (e.g. Individual, Corporation, IRA/Sep/Keogh, etc.)
    • Correct dates, transaction types, and units by transaction
    • Add missing transactions
    • Delete incorrect transactions


Disclaimer: The following information is provided for general use; it not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, tax advice. It is suggested that you refer to the appropriate federal and/or state income tax laws or consult with a tax adviser.

Q. What is the Cheniere Energy Partners’ ticker symbol?

Cheniere Energy Partners’ ticker symbol is CQP on the NYSE.

Q. What is a Schedule K-1?

A. CQP is a publicly traded partnership for federal income tax purposes, with all income, deductions, credits, etc. passing through to the unitholders for reporting on each unitholder’s income tax return. Each unitholder’s portion of CQP’s income, deductions, credits, etc. is reported on Schedule K-1, which CQP is required to include with its annual return filed with the IRS.

Q. Why am I receiving a Schedule K-1 rather than a Form 1099?

A. You have been identified as a registered owner or beneficial owner of CQP units. As a publicly traded partnership, CQP uses Schedule K-1 to report each partner’s share of CQP’s income, deductions, credits, etc. Form 1099s are used to report dividends and interest (among other items), rather than partnership tax information.

Q. What should I do if I have received a Schedule K-1 in error, wish to correct the K-1 I have been issued, or have any other questions related to my K-1?

A. If the information is inaccurate, please contact the Partnership via mail, phone or by logging onto the Tax Support site at https://www.taxpackagesupport.com/cheniere

Cheniere Energy Partners, L.P.
Tax Package Support
P.O. Box 139031
Dallas, TX 75313

Q. What is Unrelated Business Taxable Income (UBTI)?

A. UBTI is income from a trade or business, regularly carried on, that is not substantially related to the charitable, educational, or other purpose that is the basis of a tax-exempt organization's (including IRA’s Keogh and other qualified retirement plans) exemption. A tax-exempt organization’s distributive share of CQP gross income and allocable deductions may be considered UBTI and therefore taxable.

Q. Why is the amount of cash I received different from the amount of taxable income I have to report on my income tax return?

A. The amount of taxable income you are required to report in your income tax return is your share of CQP’s taxable income, gain, deduction or loss, allocated in accordance with CQP’s partnership agreement and reported on your Schedule K-1. These amounts differ from the amount of your cash distributions largely due to special allocations and depreciation.

Q. Do I have to file tax returns in states in which I do not reside?

A. Certain states require unitholders to file tax returns in the states in which CQP operates. The State Schedule included with your K-1 lists relevant information for each state where CQP operates. A copy of your Federal Schedule K-1 is being sent to the states in which CQP has filing requirements.

Q. Where can I get additional information on Master Limited Partnerships (MLPs) and the tax treatment for MLPs?

A. The Energy Infrastructure Council (EIC) is a non-profit trade association dedicated to advancing the interests of companies that develop and operate energy infrastructure including that of Master Limited Partnerships (MLPs). Their website contains basic information about MLPs and the tax treatment associated with them: https://eic.energy/basic-tax-principles/